Does any of this sound familiar?
- You have a creative side and itch for ways to express it.
- You love learning new things and stretching yourself.
- You are a bit scared of the idea of art journaling, Bible journaling, or digital art but think it'd be cool to try it.
- You are interested in getting more organized online and off.
- You are looking to discover ways to use your creativity for the Glory of God.
- You are interested in learning more about the Truth of the Gospel.
I could go on, but if any of these apply to you, you are in the right place. Grace in Color is dedicated to being a safe place for you to learn new creative skills, regardless of your current expertise. It is also a source of encouragement as you discover new ways to incorporate your faith into your art.
Stick around if anything sounds like fun.
Why I Started GiC
Well, if that snazzy selfie right over there didn't hook you, I just don't know what will. It sort of goes without saying that I'm a little quirky (that's a nice way of saying weird). Just ask my kids.
My name is Jen Evangelista and I'm the wearer of many hats who decided my life needed one more project. A really big project. The idea of this website had been rolling around in my head for years before I finally committed to it. Honestly, life just seemed too busy. But, a few months ago, the call was too strong and I began to feel like I would burst if I didn't do it.
So, I refined the vision of the site, spent more money than I want to admit to you or my husband on resources and education, and got to work.
Grace in Color was born. It was built out of a desire to teach and encourage. I have gathered a few skills over the years that have positively influenced my life, particularly with regards to memory keeping and creativity. I want to continue to tell the story of our family in creative ways and more importantly, I want to continue to use my chaotic, artistic side for the glory of God. I also really want to teach you to do this in your life as well.
My desire is to continue to educate myself on ways to incorporate my faith into my art and to dig deeper into the Truth of the Gospel through His Word and the use of creativity. Join me on this journey and let's do it together.
Who Am I?
Here's a bit more about me than you probably want to know. Just click on each category to expand and see it all.
P.S. Lot of photos included. Not many are embarrassing.
- The Triune God. I believe in one God, eternally existing in three equally divine Persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, who know, love, and glorify one another.
- Creation of Humanity. We believe that God created human beings, male and female, in his own image.
- The Fall. The supreme need of all human beings is to be reconciled to the God under whose just and holy wrath we stand; the only hope of all human beings is the undeserved love of this same God, who alone can rescue us and restore us to himself.
- The Plan of God. I believe that from all eternity God determined in grace to save a great multitude of guilty sinners from every tribe and language and people and nation, and to this end foreknew them and chose them.
- The Gospel. I believe that the gospel is the good news of Jesus Christ—God’s very wisdom.
- The Redemption of Christ. We believe that, moved by love and in obedience to his Father, the eternal Son became human: the Word became flesh, fully God and fully human being, one Person in two natures.
- The Justification of Sinners. We believe that Christ, by his obedience and death, fully discharged the debt of all those who are justified. By his sacrifice, he bore in our stead the punishment due us for our sins, making a proper, real, and full satisfaction to God’s justice on our behalf.
- The Power of the Holy Spirit. We believe that this salvation, attested in all Scripture and secured by Jesus Christ, is applied to his people by the Holy Spirit. Sent by the Father and the Son, the Holy Spirit glorifies the Lord Jesus Christ, and, as the other Paraclete, is present with and in believers.
- The Kingdom of God. We believe that those who have been saved by the grace of God through union with Christ by faith and through regeneration by the Holy Spirit enter the kingdom of God and delight in the blessings of the new covenant: the forgiveness of sins, the inward transformation that awakens a desire to glorify, trust, and obey God, and the prospect of the glory yet to be revealed.
- The Restoration of All Things. We believe in the personal, glorious, and bodily return of our Lord Jesus Christ with his holy angels, when he will exercise his role as final Judge, and his kingdom will be consummated.
- I do not like to cook despite the fact that my family likes to eat.
- I sort of love caramel.
- I do not love nuts and exclude them from all recipes. The exception to this rule is candied pecans. Love those for real.
- I played the lead in my school musical in High School. (not to be confused with Disney's High School Musical)
- My son, Jacob has been the lead in his school play for the past 2 years, playing Aladdin and Horton. And has been casted for the role of Peter Pan this year.
- I was on bedrest for 10 weeks with Arabella. With two preschoolers running around me. And a new kitten happy as she could be.
- I've always been a Redhead but noticed my first gray hairs in college.
- I love to sing. I'm an alto. Just an alto. Seriously. Maybe a tenor.
- I tried to give up coffee once in Medical School. I failed.
- I succeeded in giving up coffee during each of my pregnancies. #successfeelsgood
- I wasn't convinced that the internet (the "world wide web") would really catch on when I first discovered it.
- My healthy weight is less than my actual weight (see #2). Accountability welcome as I try to fix this.
- I was Camper of the Week at church camp when I was eleven years old. Where is that trophy?
- I've been scuba diving in black river water where you cannot see more than one foot in front of your face, even with a light.
- I was almost disowned by my family because I'm Team IronMan. It all boiled down to the age of the actors honestly. #donothate
- I launched Grace in Color on my 47th birthday. October 4th, 2016.